Saturday, March 19, 2011

Burn Energy by the Coca-Cola Company: Available in Mexico..and Globally!

Over Spring Break I had the opportunity to travel to Cancun, Mexico. While I was there I had kept my eyes posted for an energy drink that could encompass Mexican advertising as well as brand marketing. I wanted to find an energy drink that would compete with Professor Johnson’s energy drink collection. I was traveling through Cancun convenience shops and spotted “Burn” by Coca-Cola.
I found the drink in a local pizza shop. It was 128 Pesos ($11.00 in American money) and, even though it was expensive, I knew I had to get it. I bought the drink, before realizing it was from Coca-Cola, and found out when I got back to the United States it was offered here also. Being a bit naïve, I didn’t realize Coca-Cola was completely global. By purchasing this drink in Cancun I actually learned that Coca-Cola offers this drink in Africa, North and South America, Europe, Asia, Eurasia (Russia and Turkey) and Oceania (Australia, New Zealand). (Wikipedia)
Coca-Cola launched its partnership with snowboarding, skiing and skateboarding and to promote the energy drink has sponsored events across the world, but mostly in Europe. Burn Energy also has numerous snowboarding teams that branch throughout Europe.
Along with sponsoring numerous sports teams, you can also find other versions of Burn Energy as well as sizes and shapes. These include: Buzz (Japan), Burn Day, Burned Juiced Energy (Burn mixed with tropical juice), Burned Juice Berry, Burn Mocha Energy (coffee-flavored, non-carbonated) and Burn Citrus. (Wikipedia)


By purchasing a single energy drink, in an effort to add to Professor Johnson’s collection, I have learned that most beverage companies expand their brands to include numerous names, brands, and flavors of the same product. These companies have used global marketing in an attempt to monopolize the competition. If Monster’s prices increase and the consumers become unable to pay that price for the drink, they are going to switch to a cheaper brand like Burn or Rockstar. I realized, more than ever, on my trip to Cancun that marketing is EVERYWHERE you go. It is the price you pay for your plane ticket, the hotel you stay in, the type of bathing suit you pick, the food and drinks you buy, the type of shoes you are wearing and virtually everywhere.
Principles of Marketing has made me fascinated with how much marketing controls a consumers life. I never realized the extent that businesses and organizations go to gain the loyalty and attention of the regular consumer. Marketing is everyday life.
Now, go buy an energy drink and stimulate the economy.

Energized Daily!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment